Stourpaine Village Hall and Sports Pavilion
Registered Charity no 290651
Download Conditions of Hire StourpaineVillageHall_ConditionsforHire_May_2017
1. Confirmation of booking – When a booking is made, either online or by email or telephone, confirmation and an invoice will be sent by email (or post if there is no email address). The reservation will be held provisionally and the booking will be confirmed once payment is received. The Committee reserves the right to refuse any application without giving reasons.
2. Cancellation – The Hirer may cancel any bookings with reasonable notice. Any charge or repayment will be at the discretion of the Committee. Where the cancellation is made within 14 days of the function the full hiring charge will become payable, unless the Hall is hired by somebody else. If the Hall becomes unusable for any (unforeseen) reason then the Committee reserves the right to cancel any booking with full refund of any fees but will not be liable for any consequential loss.
3. Charges – All charges are to be paid in advance on confirmation of the booking or at least 2 months before the date of the booking. A damage deposit of £100 will be required prior to the event for all parties, weddings and other large functions.
4. Attendances – The Hall can accommodate a maximum of 80 people seated.
5. Subletting – The Hirer shall not sublet the accommodation or any part thereof and the Hall may only be used for the purpose for which it has been hired.
6. Equipment – Any equipment brought onto the premises is the responsibility of the Hirer, who must take responsibility for its safety. The Hall’s insurance does not cover any equipment not owned by the Hall.
7. Accidents or injuries must be recorded in the accident book.
8. Alcohol – Both the Village Hall and the Pavilion are licenced to sell alcohol. If you intend to sell or serve alcohol you must state this under “Special Requirements” on the booking page.
9. THIS IS A NO SMOKING HALL. Failure to ensure that this condition is observed will result in automatic loss of deposit.
10. Maintenance of good order – the Hirer shall at all times be responsible for the maintenance of good order during functions and for the maintenance of the No Smoking Rule.
11. Music – must be kept to a reasonable volume and must cease no later than the agreed finishing time of the function (11pm at the very latest).
12. Rubbish – The Hall and premises are to be left in a clean and tidy order and all rubbish has to be taken away by the Hirer. Hirer to bring own rubbish bags as these are NOT provided.
13. Damage – the Hirer will be responsible for all loss of, or damage to the property at the premises or property brought onto, or hired from, the premises and for injury to persons, or animals caused by or in consequence of any act or omission on the part of the Hirer, its agents or servants, and the Hirer is to keep the Committee indemnified in respect of any such loss, damage or injury. Appropriate footwear shall be worn at all times to prevent damage to the floor of the Hall. Playing of ball games of any kind is strictly prohibited unless authorised by the Committee. If any damage is done to the Hall or the premises or their fittings, the expense of making good the same is to be paid by the Hirer. To ensure the floor is kept in good condition, please ensure that no stiletto heels are worn and no rollers blades or similar are used. If in doubt please contact the bookings administrator.
14. Fire Regulations – must be adhered to and fire exits kept absolutely clear of any obstructions at all times. If the fire alarm is activated the Hall must be evacuated and all areas checked. The advertised procedure must be followed
15. FIREWORKS – ARE NOT ALLOWED at Village Hall or Sports Pavilion functions (either inside or outside).
16. Use of candles – in the main room of the Hall is limited to tea lights, and these must be placed in non-combustible containers. Use of candles in all other areas of the Hall is prohibited.
17. Parking – under no circumstances will the Committee accept any responsibility for the loss of, or damage to, any car or other vehicle which in connection with a function may be brought to or left within the precinct of the building. The Hirer shall ensure that no car or vehicle is allowed to be parked in any unauthorised position and that any instructions given by the Committee’s employees with regard to parking are strictly observed.